Friday, April 20, 2007

My First Ever Post!

My father, he should live to be 120, always told me to "Keep a Journal". When I didn't follow his advice, he told his grandkids. They have taken his advice to heart, and some of them have become not just bloggers, but extreme bloggers. Now I hardly speak to my kids, I just read their blogs, and occassionally leave comments.

After we picked up our lives and moved our family to this small country on the sunny shores of the Eastern Mediterranean, I maintained an email list of family and friends and tried to send an email at least monthly. That lasted about a year, after which life got in the way and the emails became fewer and farther between.

Over the following 3 years, I developed a habit of keeping a single "Log" file on my computer, in which I've occasionally entered random thoughts, usually about current events and things I've heard or read in the media.

Now, for your reading pleasure, I plan to take that "Log" and post here things that I wrote to myself in the past, along with new posts on contemporary topics. It won't necessarily be in chronological order, but you'll quickly see that there are just one or two common themes that run through them all.

Welcome, and I hope I will gain many friends and few enemies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard, Mr. Polly! I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Sammy said...

Welcome to blogger Abba :)

Brenda said...

Look daddy!now you have yet another reason to play on your computer and to hide in your office.. :D

Unknown said...

Yay! Me'Abba is officially a part of the ever-widening blogosphere.

Welcome aboard!

Glad you finally grabbed some virtual turf. Now comes the time to make your mark.

Enjoy the ride!

Don't you get too extreme now... ;o)